Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Church to invite Pope to Ireland

BreakingNews.ie reports:

The Catholic hierarchy in Ireland is reported to be considering inviting the Pope to the country later this year to mark the 25th anniversary of his 1979 visit.

Reports this morning said the decision to invite Pope John Paul II on an official visit was made in principle at a meeting of the Bishops’ Conference in Maynooth last week.

The reports said the Government would have to approve any such visit, which would also depend on the Pontiff’s health.

1 comment:

Robert John said...


This fantastic blog This information has peaked my attention, and I am eager to read it. Please know that I appreciate you sharing this blog and that you are thinking of me. I'm also appreciative of the finance thesis topics ideas service because it has been quite helpful to me.